I will discuss this further in future posts, but for now, I will say that I have been very heavily influenced by Geneen Roth’s work since late 2006. I’d like to share guidelines for eating in tune with your body, really in tune with truth, as Geneen formulates them:
- Eat when you are hungry.
- Eat sitting down in a calm environment. This does not include the car.
- Eat without distractions. Distractions include radio, television, newspapers, books, intense or anxiety-producing conversations, and music.
- Eat what your body wants.
- Eat until you are satisfied.
- Eat (with the intention of being) in full view of others.
- Eat with enjoyment, gusto, and pleasure.
Try just one of these guidelines for one day, or one meal… Notice any difference between this experience and your usual eating experience.